View Full Version : Hurricane Ivan is a Beast
09-09-2004, 09:19 AM
160 m.p.h. winds, reported 195 m.p.h. wind gusts. This storm isn't playing around. And I've seen 80% probability of it heading into the Gulf, 20% towards central/east Florida. It's still so far out they can predict all the want and not be certain, but still it's mowing down everything in it's way no matter where it goes.
I just saw a report about the island of Grenada, destroyed 90% of the homes, including the prime minister's, and destroyed a 17th century stone prison. Now it's heading for Cuba.
If it hits the Gulf at this strength, I'm heading North. :confused:
09-09-2004, 09:50 AM
We spent 4 days in the dark after Frances which was only a tropical storm when it hit us. Ivan has to be the most watched storm by Floridians in history.... and the projected path is very ugly.
yeah makes me glad for once that I am in the middle of the desert :)
09-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Well...Ivan could skip through Central America and turn north, heading through the Gulf of California and end up in Las Vegas...pretty unlikely though. We did have a hurricane (tropical storm by the time it got to Phoenix) about 8 years ago.
09-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Just play it safe live in Michigan :-P
09-13-2004, 04:28 AM
I think I jinxed myself in this post (http://www.seo-guy.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16598&postcount=11). :rolleyes:
The probablilty of it hitting here goes up every few hours. If this front would move on across the US it would turn the storm north and get it to wherever it's going to go.
09-13-2004, 08:32 AM
Good luck mobile; dilligaf in FL, you in AL, and dazzlin in LA seem to have a monster storm on your hands.
vBulletin v3.0.3, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.