View Full Version : Best way to add a link page to my site??
09-16-2004, 11:05 AM
I want to add a link exchange page to my web site. What's the best way to do it? I read that Google maybe removing pages named links.html and the like from their databases. Is partners a better name. Thanks for your comments :p
yup, I do partners.html, related.html or resources.html
09-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Hiero, Welcome to the forums. There are likely as many opinions about setting up links pages as there are people who trade. With that in mind here's mine:
1. Set up relevant categories that are accessed from a directory page (set them up before you seek links so that they're cached early)
2. Link to to directory from each main page in your site.
3. Use a dynamic content on static pages (eg, category pages shouldn't contain variables in the URL but by populating them from a DB maintanance is much easier)
4. Limit the number of links per page
Regarding the page names, I stay away from links.xxx and try to keep it related to the site (eg Tools site, page name internet-tools.xxx) but it really isn't a big deal.
09-16-2004, 04:51 PM
1. Set up relevant categories that are accessed from a directory page (set them up before you seek links so that they're cached early).[/QUOTE]
Thanks, any examples/suggestions out there on what good category names are to start out with?
09-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Pretty much any specific topic which you sevice. Sorry to be so generic but maybe...
Web Design - SEO - Web Grapghics - SEM - Directories/SE's - Hosting - PHP/ASP/.Net...
10-05-2004, 02:00 PM
cant really help much, but i have some beta names for a directory on my paintball website...
as i want to link to sites that will help my viewers, they have some relevance (and for ranking of course)..
depends on your business.
for paintball viewers e.g..
hiking/ walking/ climbing
fitness and health
etc etc etc
10-05-2004, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=hieroweb]Thanks, any examples/suggestions out there on what good category names are to start out with?[/QUOTE]
Anything that would be related to your site. If I remember corectly your site was web related so try programing, graphics/graphic design, photos, etc. I'm sure you'll figure it out :D
10-06-2004, 01:09 AM
I don't think so.
My web site resources page's name is
10-06-2004, 05:55 AM
No, it's not ok
BTW-You site seems broken-it still hasn't finished loading after 15 minutes :rolleyes:
10-06-2004, 05:58 AM
eeh, took about 10 seconds here on 750K. wouldnt want to try that on 56K :S they will give up and not look at the page if it takes that long.
vBulletin v3.0.3, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.