I am currently undertaking a site rebuild which is inlvolving going from frames and tables to CSS in order to optimise and create a more efficient site.
I am however having some problems, I like many (I Imagine) am perfectly clear about using CSS for styling and presentation, but a bit scetchy when it comes to layout.
Could anyone point me in the direction of sample code or give me some sample code that will help?
I need 4 divs and a floating logo in top left ?( which I have achieved) the problem is coming from converting my tables and layers etc into DIVS . I am having problems defining size and position. I need a NavBar accross the page the same width as the content panel which should be around 80% of the browser window. with a left bar the other 20% of the page opposite the content panel and above the left bar a section naming DIV ( Essentially a page split 20,80 with a strip accross the top for one line of text , but this needs to be a seperate DIV)
I would go for 3 divs and put your logo in a div in one of the other divs (otherwise it will line up differently in IE and FF).
Yeah your right, getting the layout to work in all browsers is a bit tricky. I used a few sites because some of the examples given didn't work in IE & FF, so I'm posting a resource of different articles that you can read and adapt.
It's a lot of work but you won't regret it when it's finished.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:25 AM.|
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.