SEO | Link Popularity | Search Engine Consulting | SEO Tutorial | SEO Tools | SEO Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 456 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-01-2005, 11:17 AM
SEO

TemplateMonster.com Banned by Google

Just received this email:

Quote:
We're contacting you with bad news: our website, www.TemplateMonster.com, has recently been banned by Google search engine.

We have no idea how this could happen, but one of the reasons could be so-called "duplicate content penalty" caused by our ready-made affiliate shops.

The point is that there are thousands of our affiliate shops in the Internet, and 90% of them have the same content and the same direct link to the Template Monster website. So Google could consider that we create numerous sites in order to increase our link popularity and pagerank.

We're trying to restore our existence in Google, and one of the steps we are taking is to get rid of the unnatural links (including links from affiliate shops).

Thereupon, we ask you to do the following:

Remove the direct link or change it with your affiliate link, or if you don't know how to do this, simply download the updated affiliate shop from your affiliate account:
https://secure.mytemplatestorage.co...l/sample-shops/

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,
Support Team
www.MyTemplateStorage.com
Old 04-01-2005, 12:24 PM
SEO

Send a message via AIM to wlh
wow, that should make a dent. Didn't they rank pretty highly for 'templates' and 'website templates' ?

They have done a lot of branding and advertise everywhere, so at least they can fall back on that. Hope this may teach us all a lesson here.

SEOforgoogle1 wrote an article that correlates with this situation

http://www.seo-guy.com/forum/thread7208.html
Old 04-01-2005, 12:26 PM
SEO GUY Moderator

Google is funny. Now poor templatemonster is going to have to increase their Adwords spend.

IMHO, both Yahoo and Google are starting to go a bit overboard with the whole "kill all web-spam" initiative. For those that manage a large number of sites, it feels like a witch-hunt when you see an honest site get nailed...then it seems funny when your black-hat sites continue to flourish. Weird.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Banned

yeah i saw that yesterday. they lost their pagerank. lol
templatemonster link exchanges with lots of web sites recently, they link exchanged site wide with web sites that have tens/hundreds of thousands of pages. Massive link exchange.

they enquired for one of my sites too. good thing i didnt link exchanged.. even though their PR 7 looks too tempting to refuse.

I dont think it is as simple as they said it to be. I suspect they are banned cuz they violated a couple of rules, one of them is trying to generate heaps of pages for higher PR.

Last edited by madmonk : 04-01-2005 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:00 AM
SEO Junior and a half

This can always happen. I've had sites banned by Google an reintroduced to the index .... without contacting them. Sure took a while ( even 2 years ) ... but it was done.
However: hope of index all time!

Code Coupon Discount - Coupon Site Script in Action
Old 01-01-2012, 03:03 AM
SEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditd
This can always happen. I've had sites banned by Google an reintroduced to the index .... without contacting them. Sure took a while ( even 2 years ) ... but it was done.
However: hope of index all time!

It would be a great idea if you paid attention to the date this thread was created and when last replies were posted.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:06 PM
SEO

Posts: 299 trepxe-oes is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear that... In october my sites were also went through the same situation. I am still struggling...
Old 04-04-2012, 12:16 PM
SEO Junior and a half

reason for bans are many, keep your content unique and don't steal from others ...
I know tons of site steal my contents only to find them de-indexed or unplug after I write host, google and just about everyone else short of the President of the USA!
Many housing options are available in the Bay Area Real Estate market. Ranch style suburban homes and urban apartments, bungalows and elegant Victorian style houses are available in accordance with your financial resources. Visit the beautiful State of California, Things to do in California and places to visit with the entire family or business.