SEO | Link Popularity | Search Engine Consulting | SEO Tutorial | SEO Tools | SEO Forum

Old 07-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Uber Uber Mod

Posts: 2,441 seo guy has much to be proud ofseo guy has much to be proud ofseo guy has much to be proud ofseo guy has much to be proud ofseo guy has much to be proud ofseo guy has much to be proud ofseo guy has much to be proud ofseo guy has much to be proud of
Traffic Power Victims Get back into Google

Ok I am going to start this thread and stick it, anyone who is a traffic power victim and has succesfully gotten back into Google please post what you did, here!

I will start: I had a potential client call me www.thelogocreator.com who had been completely dropped out of Google, not just in serps we are talking greybar! A little investigation and I found out it was traffic powers spam pages that were the culprit. Then the solution (At least for us) was simple we removed all data that had been uploaded to the server and all code on the pages etc and the site owner and I repeatedly emailed Google to get back in. A week or so later we had the site climbing back up the serps and he is to this day a client, in fact I rebuilt his site for him.

Other members please share your success stories as to how you got back in so that other traffic power victims may follow your example and recover from these bastards!
Old 07-09-2004, 04:14 PM
SEO

As a Traffic-Power survivor (so far) I had to get my story for anyone who has ANY intention of using this outfit.
I am not totally in the dark regarding seo but felt that I had optimized my site to the best of my ability and quite frankly was seeing nice results from my own efforts. But I was still missing some nice business and when a fellow netizen referred me to traffic power I fell for it. She had awesome results from their efforts.

That was part of the traffic power pitch: Look at our results. And let me tell you they were impressive. The problem though is that they are acheived via totally bogus methods that Google has (probably always) frowned upon: Well, in June, many traffic power clients, myself included, got caught with the traffic power code on our sites.

My site went down on June 22 going back up then down again and finally was off for good. As of yesterday I am now back in the google database..hopefully for good. I won't breath easy for at least another few weeks. My PR is back where it was and my biggest search phrase is back at #1 however I have dropped on a lot of serps. With luck I'll get them back up soon.

My advise to ANYONE who is considering traffic power is STOP! Do the research I didn't do. There are numerous sites, boards and forums where traffic power is being discussed and NOBODY has anything good to say. There is a pending class action suit against them. There is enough info out there to fill a stadium. Don't be blind like I was.

For those who have the traffic power code: Lose it! Delete all their code from your index file and be sure and delete all the web pages from your root directory. Listen, no matter what you are told, hidden links, 1pixel graphics that link to b/s pages, javascript mouseover redirects..they are ALL bad and will get you banned eventually.

If you can't do it yourself get someone who can. If you're saying, "well, I've been using them for 6 months and I'm fine", I can point you to people who used them for almost a year and are now gone, out of google's database.

Once you remove all the code and ONLY after you do so, email help at google and webmaster at google. Be sure and put "Re-inclusion Request" as the subject. I also added "traffic power customer". Believe me, Google knows who they are. You will get a reply with a ticket number. Save that reply and use it for any future emails.

I cannot say what exactly got me back up with google but I deleted the code, emailed them, emailed them a second time a few days later and then emailed them again and finally emailed them a forth time where I got a reply that actually used my name so I know it was from a real person. I begged, I cried, I explained that I did not live in a vacuum and while I had some concerns about traffic power I was assured by them that what they were doing were within Google's guidelines.

I also went to addurl and added my site again. What did I have to lose? I don't know if any of this mattered or if I would have gotten back on anyway. I have to believe that my emails helped.

There is a lot of info out there on traffic power. BELIEVE WHAT YOU ARE READING. Learn more by forums such as this one. There is a lot of info out there.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:26 AM
SEO Junior

I was recently hoodwinked by Traffic Power. Their code was installed on my server on 6/1/04. I got an email notice form TP on 7/5/04 telling me to uninstall their code due to an "improvement" in their system. This "improvement" was creating a unique URL on their server that would redirect to my page. I'm a newbie, but I did no that "See Pages" are a no-no.. TP assured me at inception that their system was NOT a See Page. Then 30 days later I get an email "oh by the way, now we're going to be a See Page".
I immediately sent notice to TP declaring our "agreement" null and void. The work that I bought from them was this suposed killer code that would provide "spider food". I told them that their request that I remove this same code nullifies agreement. Scum that they are (and at that point that I knew they would be) they refused refund. I remitted on AMEX however and it seems that AMEX will back me up on this.

I started doing the research that I should have done in the first place; and here I am.

Me: My name is Mark...
Chorus: Hi Mark...

I think that I have removed all offending code (.css files, and even a strange .gif)

I'm not sure if after only 30 days that I have a Google problem.. When I look up my site www.imagemat.com on Google, it does come up....So I don't appear to be blackballed. My rank on Google was never very good anyway..so the only direction is up....hopefully. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:38 PM
SEO

Hi Mark...good to see you discovered the scam of TP before it hurt.
As for your site...I would suggest you read all you can on seo from the numerous forums online. I happen to frequent a few but have found this site to be the most welcoming and informative.
Post questions on how to improve your site on the appropriate sections here.
My one tip to you would be to start focusing on getting quality backlinks...I didn't see you had any.
Good luck!
Mike
Old 07-16-2004, 01:19 PM
SEO Junior

Hello Everyone,
I'm caught in the scam myself. Ten months have passed. I have never once been able to contact anyone there at TP. I get into voice mail and that is where it ends. All of the promises they made never transpired. I was totally ripped off by this company. I stumbled onto my 'see' page by accident while surfing the web under various key words relating to my site. I use pay per click in Google and Overture, so my ranks haven't been affected ... but I want to know how to cut myself loose from TP now that I have read your posts. I also want to know more about the class action suit. Info please?? I have argued the issue and charges with AMEX before my first 30 days had expired and I can't get them to see it my way. I want to know how you got that far with them? I've been arguing the charges for 9 months...I finally gave up in June. I feel like I literally took my many hundreds of dollars and tossed it in the garbage! It's wrong, wrong, wrong! Suggestions, info? Anything I can use would be helpful. Thank you...
Carol
Old 07-17-2004, 10:58 AM
SEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthtoSouth
Hello Everyone,
I'm caught in the scam myself. Ten months have passed. I have never once been able to contact anyone there at TP. I get into voice mail and that is where it ends. All of the promises they made never transpired. I was totally ripped off by this company. I stumbled onto my 'see' page by accident while surfing the web under various key words relating to my site. I use pay per click in Google and Overture, so my ranks haven't been affected ... but I want to know how to cut myself loose from TP now that I have read your posts. I also want to know more about the class action suit. Info please?? I have argued the issue and charges with AMEX before my first 30 days had expired and I can't get them to see it my way. I want to know how you got that far with them? I've been arguing the charges for 9 months...I finally gave up in June. I feel like I literally took my many hundreds of dollars and tossed it in the garbage! It's wrong, wrong, wrong! Suggestions, info? Anything I can use would be helpful. Thank you...
Carol

Read my post above and do exactly what it says.
As for your credit card charges I think at this point you are out of luck. You need to email tp and tell them to refund your money immediately. Don't ask, tell.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:55 PM
SEO Junior

Red face I got refunded but still lost out

I used Traffic Power for nearly a year and saw some possitive results but now if you do a search on my domain: www.ambassador-realty.com it is no where to be seen.

Uppon hearing about what is going on with Traffic Power, I immediately contacted them and demanded a refund... believe it or not, they refunded me for EVERYTHING I paid, but now I have to pay a new company to completely clean my site up and to try to get my site back onto Google. I was refered to a company Achieve Web Design & Internet Marketing [www.achieveweb.com] that has experience with getting sites back onto Google. They immediately changed the IP address for my site, then began cleaning up my site -- getting rid of all Traffic Power code and bogus files. Achieve then purchased a new domain for me, www.denverrealestate4u.com and placed the clean files in there. They then changed the format of the code and the layout of the site *a bit* and made sure that the new domain was on a completely seperate server than the original site with an IP address that wasn't anything like the IP address of the old site so that Google wouldn't see any connection between the two sites.

We just began all of this about two weeks ago, so I don't know if it's going to help, but I thought I'd share my experience with all of you.

I've included the URL for the sites discussed here in case any of you want to give me any feedback that might help me out.

Thanks for all your posts!

Peter

Last edited by pladanyi : 08-12-2004 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:45 PM
Uber Uber Mod

Posts: 2,441 seo guy has much to be proud ofseo guy has much to be proud ofseo guy has much to be proud ofseo guy has much to be proud ofseo guy has much to be proud ofseo guy has much to be proud ofseo guy has much to be proud ofseo guy has much to be proud of
Well now its time to get on your link building and SEO, I would suggest sticking around here and also head over the the www.realestatewebmasters.com to get some decent backlinks and PR set up. There are hundreds of web savvy real estate agents there that will help you, I own it so you can bet it kicks butt ;-)

Anyways let us know if we can help, if there is one thing we know well it's real estate SEO

Last edited by SEO Bob : 08-31-2004 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:52 PM
Banned

What kind of real estate listing term rankings do you have in the search engines SEO_Guy?
Old 09-24-2004, 10:39 AM
Uber Uber Mod

First page
Phoenix real estate
phoenix arizona real estate
phoenix arizona real estate agent
destin real estate
emarald coast real estate
south walton real estate
miramar beach real estate
minneapolis real estate
minnesota real estate

Should I continue?

Display Modes Rate This Thread