SEO | Link Popularity | Search Engine Consulting | SEO Tutorial | SEO Tools | SEO Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-22-2004, 07:39 AM
SEO Junior

Anyone have feed back on apexesearch,com

Hello,

I've been looking at a few things to help improve ngcgolf.com's site for SEO. I have a quote from apexesearch.com and inceptor.com. I coulnd find any consumer reviews. Does anyone have experience with either?

I get the feeling that SEO is something that is a constant battle in refreshing content, gaining pointing links, and keywords in body, alt tags, meta tags.. Is this something that is very easy to do, or will these companies do it better? Basically, what i'm asking for is for someone that has little experience in SEO can I be as effective as hiring these guys to do if for me? I mean besides changing a few works around and renaming images and tags. What am I getting?

Thanks,
blueturbo18
Old 11-22-2004, 09:13 AM
SEO GUY Moderator

Posts: 2,869 dilligaf has a spectacular aura aboutdilligaf has a spectacular aura about
I don't know anything about those guys but there's a few good ones that hang around here, one in particular... SEO-Guy was good enough to convince the owners to name the place after him (smiley here).

IMO you can teach most lower primates to nail the on page stuff (or at least close enough). The big benefit of hiring an SEO is link building, networking etc.

And...
Your search - link:http://www.apexesearch.com - did not match any documents.
Results 1 - 10 of about 59 linking to http://www.inceptor.com
Results 1 - 10 of about 14,600 linking to www.seo-guy.com

Sure, Google doesn't show them all but...

Last edited by dilligaf : 11-22-2004 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:40 AM
SEO Junior

Seo

Thanks!! I'll take a look.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:41 AM
SEO

Send a message via AIM to wlh
wow has anyone noticed how similair the design for apexesearch.com compared to seoinc.com ?
Old 11-22-2004, 12:39 PM
Premium member

Quote:
wow has anyone noticed how similair the design for apexesearch.com compared to seoinc.com

Maybe they both bought the same web template?
Old 12-06-2004, 01:51 AM
SEO Junior

I'm a long, long, long time lurker making his 1st post. I have
received numerous calls from the infamous traficpower in Vegas. Last week I got another call from Vegas regarding SEO, and I assumed it was traffic power or one of their affiliates. It was an outfit named apexesearch or apexesearch dot com. They gave me their spiel and instructed me to visit their website and notice the BBB logo on their site and to click on it. We too, have the BBB logo on our site (it took 2 hours and a few hundred dollars to get) and I was surprised that the salesman's main selling point was that they had a positive BBB rating and that the BBB site said they had been in business since 1996.

The salesman gave me several examples of websites they had "worked to get on the 1st page of Google". I printed these out and after visiting the 1st site concluded that they put a reciprocal link exchange on your site and then maintained with Zeus (I have heard both positives and negatives about Zeus). I listened to the spiel and then evaluated the other "Sample" sites he gave me. I could find no common relationship between any of these sites. One used Zeus, one had NO link exchange, one was complete spam, one had linksmanager, and the last had I had no idea why it was one first page. I was surprised it was #3 until I optilinked it and figured it out.

I did some research on this company that had "been in business since 1996". I noticed their website was registered in the spring of this year, they joined the BBB in May, and according to the State Of Nevada (type in "Nevada corporate records" in Google) the company was formed in the spring of this year. Yeah, they had been in business since 1996. Their website has 4 backlines in Google and NO cache. I have friends that got screwed by trafficpower for a couple of thousand dollars and I don't want that to happen to other people, although I know it will.

I returned the salesman's call and began to drill him. He was caught of guard and told me "either the president or the vice-president would call me" and of course no one ever has called. I ask that if you have any knowledge about these characters you post it. I just hate to see people get ripped off so Iím posting this as an alert.

SuperDave
Old 12-06-2004, 10:38 AM
SEO Junior

Apex

Hi SuperDave,

I heard the same sales pitch with the BBB and in business since '96. Having been in business for 8 years and part of the BBB did make me fill better about considering there tactics, which seem to be effective. However now having read your findings its very troubling.. Good work. and thanks for the info.

Thanks,
blueturbo18.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Premium member

Interesting to see the BBB coming up in topics. I have a client who's been having problems with them...he joked the other day that now we need a group just to report ON the BBB itself.

He's spent months trying to update his membership information and they keep "losing" it. They NOW show a report for his business which states "this business is not apparently located at this address, or no longer in business. The phone is disconnected."

He moved and has called them three times to update the contact info, but it never seems to get done.

go figure... :-/
Old 12-07-2004, 11:03 AM
SEO Junior

I was solicited by apexesearch

I too was solicited by this company apexesearch dot com. The salesman pushed very hard for me to sign up with them today. Usually when people push this hard for a sale I take a step back because I have been burned to many times in the past.

For starters I did my own background check on this company and I have found that they have been in business less than a year.

I never heard of this magical software that the salesman said "was leading the search engine optimization industry". When I asked for a patent number the salesman started to stumble over his words and hung up on me.

After reading their testimonials and trying to search for their client "Foo Bar Productions- Tool Bar Tabasco". I couldn't find them. Either they are buried
so deep in the searches you can't find them or they don't exist.

I might be new to SEO but I am not new to car salesman tactics.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:54 AM
SEO Junior

I've been Threatened

I've been with ApexSearch (Apex Technologies) for a year now. My rankings did go up with them, but I thought their work was second rate and their communications were very poor.

My biggest complaint was when they just called to renew my "subscription". I asked them what they were going to do this year for the $4,000 they wanted me to pay. They said they would constantly update my site's "coding" as they were currently doing. I'm assuming this means they will be updating META TAGS. Well, I constantly monitor my pages, and they haven't changed a META Tag in more than 6 months. So I got my sales rep's direct number, and said I'd call back.

Well, that is when the sh...t hit the fan. He THREATEND me! He stated that if I did not renew by tomorrow, they would remove all the coding from my web site. So basically, he threatend to physically change my web pages and remove META Tags that they may or may not have ever changed in the first place. Note that I had META Tags on all of my 300+ pages, before I hired them.

To say the least, I will NEVER renew with a company that threatens me. I will be reporting this to the BBB, though I doubt they will do anything about it. I just wanted to let others know about this underhanded tactic. I've thought about recommending this company to other people just because it did help my ranking go up some, but after being threatened, I'll tell everyone I know to stay away from them.

Last edited by terrys398 : 06-20-2005 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Add Title and Miss-spelling fix